Punctajul Subiectului:
  • 0 Vot(uri) - 0 medie
Chris Wideman Jersey
BUFFALO http://www.islandersfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-leddy-jersey , N.Y. (AP) — The Buffalo Sabres didn’t need overtime, for a change.Jeff Skinner got his 22nd goal of the season, Casey Mittelstadt and Evan Rodrigues also scored and the Sabres beat the Arizona Coyotes 3-1 on Thursday night for their second consecutive victory.It was the first time since Nov. 21 that the Sabres won in regulation. Skinner scored the winning goal in Tuesday’s 4-3 overtime victory against the Los Angeles Kings to snap a five-game skid. Prior to that, Buffalo won twice in overtime and once in a shootout while matching a franchise record with 10 straight victories.“It was good for us tonight not to extend the game, not to overuse anybody,” captain Jack Eichel said.The Sabres (20-9-4) have won eight games in overtime and three in shootouts this season.“It’s important for our team to build confidence going into the third knowing that we can close the game out and not have to take the extra time or the shootout,” Eichel said.The Sabres scored two early goals and clung to a 2-1 lead for more than 39 minutes before Rodrigues scored an unassisted insurance goal 6:38 into the third period.Rodrigues picked off a drop pass from Coyotes defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson in the neutral zone, skated around Alex Goligoski and sent a wrist shot past Darcy Kuemper’s blocker.“I was in a great spot so I just let it rip,” Rodrigues said.Carter Hutton returned after missing Buffalo’s previous two games with an upper-body injury and made 25 saves.The Sabres improved to 11-3-2 at home, matching their win total from last season at KeyBank Center.“It’s important to be good on home ice,” Eichel said. “All the best teams are.”Christian Fischer scored for Arizona and Kuemper stopped 30 shots. The Coyotes have lost four in a row after a four-game winning streak.Turnovers from the defensive pair of Hjalmarsson and Goligoski contributed to all three Buffalo goals.“You can’t do that Womens Wayne Simmonds Jersey , especially on the road against a high-powered team like that,” Goligoski said. “When we make mistakes like we did tonight, we are just not going to win.”Buffalo took advantage of giveaways by Goligoski to build a two-goal lead in the first seven minutes.Mittelstadt’s goal came 48 seconds into the game. Connor Sheary stole Goligoski’s pass in the neutral zone and dropped the puck off to Mittelstadt for a snap shot from the edge of the left circle.Skinner scored on a rising wrist shot to make it 2-0 at 6:54 of the first. Sam Reinhart intercepted Goligoski in front of the Sabres net and sent a stretch pass ahead to Eichel. Skating up the right wing, Eichel hooked a pass around Hjalmarsson to a wide-open Skinner in the high slot.“Some of the veterans, I guess they are taking it upon themselves to make a play,” Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet said. “We’ve just got to manage the game a little better, manage the puck a little better.”The Coyotes responded 25 seconds after Skinner’s goal when Fischer beat Hutton with a wraparound backhand that trimmed the lead to 2-1.NOTES: Fischer got a bloody nose and went to the dressing room after he was checked into the boards from behind by Eichel in the first minute of the second period. He returned for the third. … Reinhart extended his career-best point streak to eight games. … Coyotes C Alex Galchenyuk missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury. Galchenyuk skated on Thursday and was listed as questionable to play. … Sabres D Marco Scandella is nearing a return from a lower-body injury that has kept him out for eight games, coach Phil Housley said.UP NEXTCoyotes: Conclude a back-to-back at the New York Rangers on Friday.Sabres: Start a two-game road trip at Washington on Saturday. SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) The Minnesota Wild played the season finale with more urgency even though it was the San Jose Sharks who had something at stake.Jason Zucker scored twice in the second period, Eric Staal matched the franchise record for goals in a season and the Wild denied San Jose home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs with a 6-3 victory over the Sharks on Saturday night.While the Wild were locked into the third seed in the Central Division, the Sharks needed one point to finish second in the Pacific and open the playoffs at home. Instead http://www.senatorsshoponline.com/authentic-bobby-ryan-jersey , San Jose lost for the fifth time in the final six games and will be forced to hit the road to start the playoffs against Anaheim in the first meeting between the rivals since the Ducks upset the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Sharks in 2009.”It was disappointing tonight, but one game doesn’t define our season,” coach Peter DeBoer said. ”I think if someone told me a month ago that we’d have 100 points, I would have taken that, regardless if we had home-ice or who we were playing or not.”Mikael Granlund scored the tiebreaking goal 28 seconds before Zucker got his first and Jonas Brodin and Matt Cullen also scored for the Wild. Staal added an empty-net goal to tie Marian Gaborik’s franchise record for goals in a season with 42.”I wasn’t going to miss that one,” Staal said. ”It’s cool, it’s fun to have that alongside Marian, he’s a great player and a great goal scorer, so it was fun.”Devan Dubnyk made 27 saves. Minnesota finished the season with 101 points, going over the 100-point mark for the second straight season and fourth time in franchise history.”I thought our team played really hard,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. ”I don’t know if (San Jose) took the night off Chris Wideman Jersey , or not, I’m hoping to believe that we played well enough that we didn’t give them an opportunity.”Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski and Timo Meier scored for San Jose. Martin Jones allowed five goals on 19 shots before being replaced by Aaron Dell to start the third period.The Sharks started strong in the second period and held Minnesota without a shot for more than eight minutes. But the Wild then struck twice within less than a minute midway through the period to take control.Granlund started it with a wrist shot for his 21st goal before Zucker took over with two goals of his own, giving him 33 on the season and the Wild coasted from there to the victory.”We didn’t play too well,” Sharks forward Logan Couture said. ”We should have played better. Disappointing. I think over 82 games in the season we had a pretty solid year to make the playoffs.”The Wild started fast, holding San Jose to no shots on goal for nearly nine minutes and taking a 2-0 lead on goals from Brodin and Cullen.The Sharks then found their game late in the period and scored twice in 64 seconds to tie it, with Burns getting the first on a shot from the point and Pavelski tying the game after a turnover by Matt Dumba.NOTES: Wild D Louie Belpedio made his NHL debut after signing a contract earlier this week following a four-year career at Miami of Ohio. He had two assists to become the first Minnesota player ever with two points in his debut. … Sharks F Evander Kane returned to the lineup after missing two games with an undisclosed injury. … Brodin’s goal gave him 100 career points.UP NEXTWild: First round of playoffs vs. Winnipeg.Sharks: First round of playoffs vs. Anaheim.—

Mergi la:

Utilizatori care citesc acest subiect: 1 Vizitator(i)